Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stress = Sickness??

Photobucket

I've heard that they say that being stressed makes you sick but this is ridiculous!

I've been under more stress and pressure than normal lately then out of nowhere...wham! I'm hit with sore throat (not just any sore throat but daggers slicing with every swallow, sore throat) a cold, cold sores, school sores and conjunctivits all within 2 weeks! I haven't had any form of sickness in over 7 months! Well I thought this was incredible (not in a good way) so instead of feeling sorry for myself I went and did a little research and there are sites and studies everywhere talking about this phenomenon!
Here's one good example that says that under stress your body releases a particular hormone that affects your immunity.

Well from now we should all be insisting on relaxing holidays every weekend, shopping therapy, extended sleep ins and days off work...its for our own good!

No comments: