Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pregnant Nicole Kidman - Drinking at the Oscars

Theres been quite a buzz about a report by columnist Cindy Adams that Nicole Kidman was drinking backstage at the Oscars.

I really don't think this report is accurate but, personally, if Nicole Kidman wants to have a glass of wine here and there I say go for it! It's definitely not recommended to go around binge drinking like an 18 year old but if you feel like an occasional drink here and there (1 glass a week) it is fine and there has been nothing proven to say that its not. See this link and here for more info.

Saying that "if you drink or have drunk any alcohol you will harm your baby," causes uneccesary stress upon the mother. Stress is more problematic towards a pregnancy then having a an occasional drink! I remember a similar outrage when Princess Mary had a glass of champagne during her pregnancy.

During my pregnancy, I stuck to the food guidelines strictly and allowed myself a a glass of light beer once a week in the later trimesters of my pregnancy (believe it or not, it was a pregnancy craving!) and my little champ is perfect!

I feel so sorry for all the celeb "mums to be" that get so closely scrutinised. Its hard enough being pregnant or a mum but to be judged for every parenting move made, on a worldwide scale, would truely be nightmare material!

No comments: